12/08/2012

Christmas markets or The eighth door




Today a friend called and asked if I wanted to come downtown to the Christmas market. I hate crowds. Granted, our market is not exactly huge. Still too full, though. And it's cold out.

I remember the time we went to the Nuremberg Christmas market, about 30 years ago, a little field trip with our German-American club "Kontakt". I remember the walk to the market vividly, but I can't tell that story here, and I remember feeling as if I was about to drown in people, and back then I wasn't even that bad about crowds.
I was in Stuttgart where I work only once, as early as possible. A swift walk over the market, a cup of mulled wine and off I was again.

Am I missing some of the Christmas spirit by not going there? What's your opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment