8/26/2012

Quote of the week

It was 1977, the times of Zucker, Abrahams and Zucker, the times of whacky movies with less than top quality jokes, but which still made you laugh.
One user review on IMDB for their following movie has the title "Tasteless, juvenile and very funny". That says it pretty well.
The movie is made up of a bunch of segments, some funnier, some just crude, you would be surprised to find actors like Bill Bixby, Donald Sutherland, Henry Gibson, George Lazenby. I have a love-hate relationship with the movie. Love because some things are just funny and because it's so 70s that kids today wouldn't understand any of it, hate because some of the segments do actually turn me off.

I have a favorite, though, a parody of the classic Bruce Lee movie "Enter The Dragon", the parody being called "A Fistful of Yen". That one really cracks me up and I love to quote from it, from the German dubbing though because I didn't know the English original for a long time. And we all know the German version can slightly differ, well, if you are not German, you probably don't know ;-)

The evil Dr. Klahn has kidnapped famous physicist Ada Gronick and there's only one man who can bring her back from Dr. Klahn's island - Loo. Unfortunately he's not inclined to do so at first ... until he's told the perfect reason ...

Loo: I owe my allegiance to a higher source.
Mr Pennington: Aah, but you'll have the chance to kill fifty, maybe sixty, people.

And this is Loo's reaction.


Before you all jump on me now, no, I don't think it's funny to kill fifty or sixty people, but seriously, do you remember all the Kung Fu etc. movies, especially the B ones?? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment