1/15/2012

Quote of the week

You know that I use this "quote of the week" thing as an excuse to go over my old DVDs and to watch movies again, right? That way when someone asks me why I buy DVDs (I haven't arrived in the Blu-ray age), I can always say that they don't just fill up a shelf and collect dust.
I seem to remember seeing today's movie on a USA vacation for the first time. I laughed, I was surprised, touched ... and I needed tissues.

One of my favorite quotes is when Frank Bennett meets Idgie Threadgoode for the first time.


Frank: I must say, you're looking mighty fine today.
Idgie: You a politician, or does lying just run in your family?


What a perfect quote for our times .......

By the way, I once tried the recipe for the fried green tomatoes, it was yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment