8/04/2011

Cats and beads

No, this is not a post about cats helping me to make bead soup. They are good bead soup cooks, that's true, but this post is about Denis and Kirsten. They are no cats, but they are both artists.
Denis made my shop logo for me - thanks again! - and Kirsten ... wait, let me show the logo first. Here you go.


The other day I stumbled upon Kirsten's - aka Quernus Crafts - work (have a look at her Flickr gallery) and when I saw her "Wee Cats" album, the idea jumped me from behind and didn't let go until I had written to her about a custom order.
She transferred the cat, now named Denis, into a polymer clay sculpture and she did such a great job at it!


Her work is full of whimsy, let me just mention the mouse beautician or the mouse family with baby sleeping on Dad's chest or the kitties or the police mole or the adorable snails - there's so much more, you have to look for yourself.
Kirsten's work can be found at her different shops, click here to find out where.

That was the cats part, now let's get to the beads part.
I have something to confess - after years of resistance, yes, even laughing openly in the face of those who wanted to convert me, they finally got me. I'm not sure anymore how it happened, but suddenly I stood at the customs office staring at a beading loom together with a customs officer, both of us trying to figure out how, what, where and why.
I guess I figured out at least part of it as following pictures show.
Thank you to E³ or EEE. If you read this, you'll know who you are. For those who don't know, that's her.
And here's the result. I'm afraid there will be more to come. Those people are evil *whispering* Once you are in their net ...........

My cat Ponder when he was still a young'un, pattern by the Evil Enabler Erin Simonetti

My first own pattern

4 comments:

  1. Oooooo, Cat.

    You're done for...off to the dark side never to return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, don't worry, I'm still in the old place, I just need more and more space for the things I do! *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfekt! Kirsten hat's mal wieder geschafft <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work, the finishing is beautiful...
    Greetings,
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete