8/29/2010

Quote of the week


I have said it before, I'll say it again. At times I am a real romantic. I like a happy ending, the girl getting the boy. Or the other way round. Call it escapism, it doesn't matter. Sometimes it feels right to escape the real world, as long as you don't forget to find the way back.
One movie that screams romance is Gone With The Wind. It might not be politically correct, but it has that certain something.

My favorite quote from it:
"As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again."
I don't mind making a fool out of myself as long as I'm the one doing it and sometimes I say that, even in public. I wish I'd look as good doing it as Vivien Leigh does.

Gone With The Wind, USA, 1939

P.S. Oh, and yes, I do know that in this case the girl doesn't get the boy. Doesn't matter, it's still romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment