7/11/2010

Quote of the week


You know how there are things you don't want to do? Places you don't want to go? And still you know you have to, but you don't want to be first because you are afraid or because it's yucky?
This week's quote is perfect for these occasions, I find. It's from the first movie I ever saw all on my own at a theater, "Raiders of the Lost Ark", the first Indiana Jones movie.

There is the scene in which Indy and Sallah open the Well of Souls in the middle of desert. The floor seems to be moving and Indy drops the torch in just to see the place is full of snakes of which he is terribly afraid.
Sallah looks in and says: "Asps ... very dangerous. You go first."

That cracks me up every time I see the movie. I know ... I'm easy to please.

Raiders of the Lost Ark, USA, 1981

No comments:

Post a Comment